Monday, September 28, 2009

I saw some Spanish Guitar!!!!

Last night I went to my first classical guitar performance with Mike and my French friend Bastian. Manuel Gonzalez was truly an international guitar master. He was born in Barcelona and famous for his skill in Spanish guitar. He played with such grace and was so smooth in his technique. Definitely one of the best performances I have ever seen. Most of his concerts are in the large classical music halls, like the Palau de Musica, but for some reason last nights performance was in a small church in the gothic district. This to me was better because the concert was so intimate. He was right in front of me. After the concert I shook his hand and he was nice enough to take a picture with us. Mike also got a nice video clip of one of his songs.

_-2

This is what the church looked like inside:

_

Here’s a video clip in case you’re curious. Video taken by Mike Galvez

No comments:

Post a Comment