Monday, September 7, 2009

Orientation / Walking Tour of Barcelona

Yesterday we had orientation. We all took the metro to Catalunya Square for a city tour. Here is a picture of our whole program gathering around before we began our Barcelona walking tour.

_-2

Here are some of the girls in Catalunya Square. From left to right (Jessica, Jessie, Allison)

_

While on the tour, we passed by the famous Gaudi house. There was also a special house next to Gaudi’s but I forgot its significance and name. See if you can guess which ones Gaudi’s. (It’s pretty obvious) haha

_-7
_-8

My favorite part of the tour was when we passed the Palau de la Musica. This is the first large-scale classical music venue in Barcelona. I have to see a classical guitar performance while I’m here. I only got a shot of the outside, but the inside is breathtakingly amazing. If you look closely you can see the small ticket windows inside the pillars. I thought they looked like small pizza ovens. Too bad aren’t used anymore.

_-4
_-5

After we passed the Palau de la Musica, we stumbled upon a “fire celebration”/ Riot in the streets of central Barcelona … I was a bit confused on what was going on and the tour guide wasn’t very clear, so I just took a few shots of some kids and caught up with the tour.

_-3

Towards the end of the tour we passed by the square where they do all the soccer celebrations and on the corner there was this small bar called Obama. I had to take a picture….

_-6


On a side note… here is a pic in my dorm room with some girls in my program. Left to right (me, Jessie, Allison, Jessica)

9029_679956524638_12705139_39455345_5149010_n

No comments:

Post a Comment