Friday, September 11, 2009

Festa Nacional de Catalunya!!!

So I just finished my first week of classes, and I have already learned a bunch. I love how there’s no textbook only a few cases to read every night and classes are all discussion based. Also I'm learning from a European perspective. In all my classes we talk about the EU all the time, which is surprisingly a new topic for me in class. Sadly, I didn’t even know that there were 27 countries in the EU or that the flag had 12 stars, and that Spain had a civil war in 1936 that then put them into isolation. All in all I’m excited to learn from a different point of view. Today is 9/11, the national holiday of Catalonia; we didn’t have any class so I cruised to the park with my friend Allison and rented a boat for 6 euros.

_-2

Later I ran into a southern blues / jazz ensemble that put on a great swing street performance over by the Picasso museum next to Las Ramblas. They were really good! Especially the guy on trumpet!

_

No comments:

Post a Comment